Have you completed the first draft of a novel and need to tackle revision?
Have you not completed your first manuscript draft because you're feeling stuck?
Join an 6-week intensive manuscript workshop to:
- Revise your narrative - see it afresh
- Make your characters spring to life off the page
- Play with structure, plots, subplots, and pacing
- Discover and strengthen your central themes
- Give and receive in-depth constructive feedback on your writing from your instructor and peers
- Engage in experimental weekly writing exercises to fine-tune your style
- Learn to trust the creative process
Participants will submit excerpts of their work in progress for critique and will acquire advanced writing skills through a study of a variety of literary models and in-class writing exercises.
Nadia Jacobson is a Jerusalem-based writer and editor. She is a fiction editor at the Ilanot Review, an Israeli journal of creative writing in English, and served as co-Municipal Liaison for the Jerusalem region of National Novel Writing Month, 2015 & 2016 (nanowrimo.org). She holds an MA in English Literature and Creative Writing from Bar-Ilan University, and her fiction has appeared or is forthcoming in The Binnacle, Annalemma, Every Day Fiction, and a number of anthologies. A long-time member of the Jerusalem Writing Circle, she has taught creative writing at Emunah Ve’Omanut and privately, and coaches writers from first draft to publication.
Minimum/Maximum No. Participants: 6/8
Cost: 2000 NIS for six workshops
In-person: 10-12:30 Rasco, Jerusalem
Zoom: daytime / evening possible
"I gained the courage to write, and the insight to understand what I was writing and how best to improve it." (T.M)